Although at APC we take the utmost care of your parcels and packages, they do have to travel through a number of different processes – our careful handling is no substitute for adequate packaging.
We recommend that you always pack your parcels securely – the following hints may help
- Always use strong, good quality boxes or packaging materials
- If you are reusing boxes or packaging always remove old labels including any hazardous materials information stickers
- Always use the correct sized box for your items – if the box is too large it could collapse and, likewise if the box is too small it could burst during transit
- Be sensible about the weight of items that you put in a box – don’t overload boxes
- Pack items in the centre of a box with plenty of cushioning surrounding, to stop any movement during transit – use bubble wrap, shreds, packaging chips, even old newspapers
- Protect data storage media with appropriate cushioning and ideally wrap each item separately
- Pack smaller items in larger boxes and remember that some attractively packaged gifts are not always suitable for shipping directly, they will usually require separate outer packaging and protection
- Make sure that liquids, semi-liquids, powders or strong smelling substances are properly sealed in leak-proof containers and further wrapped in plastic bags and held upright in a strong box and correctly labelled with ‘arrow up’ signs
- Always protect sharp items securely, carefully wrapping any scissors or knives to protect them from sticking through packaging materials.
- Use strong packaging tape or a strapping machine to secure parcels, not domestic adhesive tape, making sure all flaps are securely fastened
- Write all labels clearly (using capitals) and never cover them up with tape or film
- It is a good idea to include both address and sender details inside your parcel so that even if the outer label becomes detached, APC can still safely deliver your parcel
Neither TWC or APC accepts liability for this packaging advice, but hopes it will assist customers to pack items responsibly and securely for their onward journey.